Tournament Roll-up Triple Weighted Chess Set by Jett Games After 3 Months [Story & Review]
The StoryI started playing chess when I was a kid. My grandfather would teach me the cool little openings and how to end the game with three or four moves. I started buying chess sets, and over time I realized I wanted a good tournament set. A good friend of mine started talking about triple weighted Staunton pieces and I never even heard of them. I did my basic Amazon research online and found the Tournament Roll-up Triple Weighted Chess Set by Jett Games. I don't know anything about the company, but their set seemed to be the right fit. Let's check out the review.
- The vinyl board curls up at the ends and stays uneven when it's unrolled. Not a good experience for quick games on the go.
- The Staunton pieces and vinyl board are a pretty exact fit for the bag making it a little difficult to put back quickly.
- The triple weighted pieces with the roll-up board make the bag a touch heavy to carry around.
The Pros | Benefits
- The triple weighted Staunton pieces feel great to play with.
- The green velvet-like material beneath each piece has not peeled off.
- The white and black vinyl chess board makes it easy and understandable.
- The algebraic notations are in a bold font which makes it easy to read.
- The vinyl board hasn't shown any signs of fading.
- The Staunton pieces have not chipped, so far very durable.
Would I repurchase it?YES
Would I recommend it to a friend?
Click the link above to check out the product page for specs, pricing, discount deals, and shipping info on Amazon. I'm an associate of Amazon, and I may earn a commission off the purchase of this product with no additional cost to you.
I thought I would leave you with some chess basics starting with the King from +Chess.com (Youtube)