Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones After 7 Years [Story & Review]
It all started in 2010 - 2011ish when I purchased these headphones with a blind eye at a local music store in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. The store screamed with character, with rooms of drum kits, keyboards, acoustic guitars and DJ equipment all next to Rexall Place, the former home of the Edmonton Oilers. The purchase was simple, the cashier rang it in, put it in a bag, smiled and gave them to me. The Sennheiser HD 280 Pros were then put in a carry on backpack off to the airport for a DJ contract aboard the Saphire Princess cruise ship that would last about six weeks. The headphones were pushed and pulled by the security as they checked out my alien looking DJ equipment (Vestax Typhoon) and then stuffed in a small overhead bin destined to Vancouver British Columbia. The adventure kept on going as we all entered the cruise terminal to finally reach aboard the Saffire Princess.
Fast forward seven years...
The headphones were put through checked luggage, Tupperware containers, used as noise cancellation headphones during flights, a pillow, fitness motivator during workouts, ear muffs during cold weather, a vocal teacher coach for audiobooks, a boombox, emergency microphone and the list goes on and on. Let's now check out the details in the review below.
- The headbands cushioning started to erode and flake off. That's the only con I could see and think of.
- Both drivers still work, no annoying cut outs or fiddling with adapters. The sound pretty much holds the same quality as when I first bought them making it extremely reliable.
- The coiled cord is still in tacked, no torn wires or unnecessary tangling. This made it easy to take them in and out of my DJ bag and fire up sound checks quickly and efficiently.
- Most of the wear and tear on all headphones I have owned happen between the 3.5 jack and the beginning of the coil. Till this day I have no issues.
- The plastic construction of the headphones is going strong. There were no sudden breaks when I would collapse the headband and put them in my bag, giving me peace of mind when traveling.
Excellent video review by Jonathan Morrison (No affiliation)
Would I buy it again or recommend it to a friend?
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones (Old Model)
Click the link above to see the product page for specs, pricing, discount deals, and shipping info on Amazon. I'm an associate of Amazon, and I may earn a commission off the purchase of this product with no additional cost to you.